News and Resources.
News and Resources
- Foresight Law + Policy partnered with School Readiness Consulting to produce a report on the state of Michigan’s “Listen and Learn Symposium,” held as part of the state’s Preschool Development Grant-Birth through Five.
- On October 28, 2020, we hosted a launch event for our joint report with Tom Gentzel, Gentzel Insights, LLC titled "Equipping School Boards to be Engines of Innovation in Education During the Pandemic and Beyond". The presentation included insights from Tom Gentzel, former NSBA Executive Director alongside FLP Founding Partner Reg Leichty and Partner Elliot Regenstein and moderated by FLP Founding Partner Amy Starzynski. The recording of the virtual event can be found here and the powerpoint presentation can be found here.
- Advance CTE released a report titled "The State of Career Technical Education: An Analysis of States' Perkins V Priorities" that examines how states have leveraged the development of Perkins V state plans to advance the dual priorities of expanding quality and increasing equity within their CTE systems.
- Foresight Law + Policy and the National Council of State Education Attorneys published new privacy guidance for State Education Agencies.
- Partner Elliot Regenstein served as a guest author for the Education Commission of the States Ed Note Policy Blog with an article titled "Making Sense of Governance in Early Childhood".
- In the second of a three-part blog series, Stacie C. Goffin and Foresight Law + Policy Partner Elliot Regenstein address “The Practice of Leadership” and argue the importance of elevating leadership development as a field-wide priority in early childhood education.
- In the first of a three-part blog series, Stacie C Goffin and Foresight Law + Policy Partner Elliot Regenstein address “Early Childhood Education’s Leadership Capacity Gap” and explain how these limitations exacerbate fragmentation within the field.
- On July 1, 2020, we hosted a launch event for our report, Early Childhood Governance: Getting There from Here. The presentation featured former Washington State Rep. Ruth Kagi, former Louisiana Superintendent of Education John White, Heising-Simons Foundation Program Officer Rebecca Gomez, and Foresight Law + Policy Partner Elliot Regenstein. You can watch the recording here and view the presentation here.
- Foresight Law + Policy partner Elliot Regenstein released a report titled Early Childhood Governance: Getting There From Here in addition to an accompanying Decision Guide.
- Foresight Law + Policy partner Elliot Regenstein and the Data Quality Campaign publish a new paper about Early Childhood Data Systems and COVID-19.
- Foresight Law + Policy worked with the OER Coalition to create a CARES Act resource title Using the CARES Act to Acquire the High-Quality Materials Students Need for Online and Classroom Learning.
- Foresight Law + Policy Partner, Elliot Regenstein, writes in the 74 Million: Restarting K-12 Schools Is Difficult Enough — Without Good Data About Their Students, It’s Much Harder for Pre-K. States Must Do Better.
- Foresight teamed up with Third Sector Intelligence to produce a report for the State of Oklahoma that proposes a new Early Childhood Integrated Data System – including a nimble governance structure that would allow the state to take advantage of new technology. The plan would allow the state to produce useful information across agencies in a rapid and efficient manner.
- Foresight Law + Policy's 2020 Legislative Calendar.
- Partner Elliot Regenstein partnered with the American Enterprise Institute to publish a report titled "How Early Childhood Education Uses Social and Emotional Learning".
- Foresight partnered with SPARC to develop ideas for integrating open educational resources policies into state Perkins V plans. Read about the connections between OER and CTE here.
- Partner Elliot Regenstein worked closely with the Council of Chief State School Officers to develop guidance and recommendations on "Leveraging ESSA Plans in Preschool Development Grant Implementation".
- Foresight's team, led by Founding Partner Amy Starzynski, was proud to work closely with the Foundation for Excellence in Education to publish this new report about state innovation in personalized and mastery-based education.
- The National School Boards Association released "A Report of the Commission to Close the Skills Gap" which identifies "Life Ready Skills" and features recommendations to help school districts ensure students have opportunities to learn.
- The Data Quality Campaign released a report titled “Show Me the Data: States Have Seized the Opportunity to Build Better Report Cards, but the Work is Not Done”.
- Partner Elliot Regenstein appears in the The 74 with his blog post titled "Early Learning Is the Best Way to Close the Achievement Gap. 5 Reasons Districts Prefer to Play Catch-Up Instead".
- Partner Elliot Regenstein published "Why the K-12 World Hasn't Embraced Early Learning".