News and Events.
- The Data Quality Campaign released the results of a new poll titled “What Parents and Teachers Think About Education Data”.
- The Future of Privacy Forum released a publication titled “Parents: Raise Your Hand and Ask Schools How They Protect Student Data”.
- Partner Elliot Regenstein provides insight to Early Childhood Care and Education Commission
- The National School Boards Association released a guide titled “Fostering Safer Schools: A Legal Guide for School Board Members on School Safety”.
- Alex Perry joins Foresight, where he will continue leading the work of the College in High School Alliance.
- The Oklahoma Partnership for School Readiness finalized a report on the status of Oklahoma’s efforts to strengthen its early childhood data systems. The report, titled “Oklahoma Early Childhood Integrated Data System: Summary of Stakeholder Feedback and Proposed Next Steps,” was written by Foresight Law + Policy Partner Elliot Regenstein with Jonathan Furr.
- EdScoop names Foresight partner among 25 edtech heroes.
- September 19 (1-2pm ET) – The Consortium for School Networking is hosting a webinar titled “Meeting the Needs of Students Without Home Internet Access”. During this webinar, panelists will discuss new strategies for addressing the needs of students without home internet access as outlined in the recently updated Digital Equity Toolkit. There will also be discussion about potential funding sources and ideas for collaborating with community organizations. Register here.
- September 25 (10am ET) – The Senate House, Education, Labor, and the Workforce Committee is holding a hearing titled “The Every Students Succeeds Act: States Leading The Way”. Watch the live stream here. Witnesses will include: Matthew Blomstedt (Commissioner, Nebraska Department of Education), Susan Bunting (Secretary, Delaware Department of Education, Shavar Jeffries (President, Democrats for Education Reform), and Molly Spearman (Superintendent, South Carolina Department of Education).
- September, 25 (2-3:30pm ET) - The Title IV-A Coalition is hosting a briefing on Student Support and Academic Enrichment (SSAE) grant program under Title IV-A of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). The briefing panel will include David Deschryver (Director, Whiteboard Advisors), Dr. Gregory C. Hutchings, Jr. (Superintendent, Alexandria City Public Schools), Jeff Meisenheimer (Principal, Lee’s Summit North High School), and Christina Connolly (Director Psychological Services, Montgomery Country Public Schools). RSVP here to attend.