News and Events.
- Foresight partnered with SPARC to develop ideas for integrating open educational resources policies into state Perkins V plans. Read about the connections between OER and CTE here.
- Partner Elliot Regenstein worked closely with the Council of Chief State School Officers to develop guidance and recommendations on "Leveraging ESSA Plans in Preschool Development Grant Implementation".
- Foresight's team, led by Founding Partner Amy Starzynski, was proud to work closely with the Foundation for Excellence in Education to publish this new report about state innovation in personalized and mastery-based education.
- The National School Boards Association released "A Report of the Commission to Close the Skills Gap" which identifies "Life Ready Skills" and features recommendations to help school districts ensure students have opportunities to learn.
- The Data Quality Campaign released a report titled “Show Me the Data: States Have Seized the Opportunity to Build Better Report Cards, but the Work is Not Done”.
- Partner Elliot Regenstein appears in the The 74 with his blog post titled "Early Learning Is the Best Way to Close the Achievement Gap. 5 Reasons Districts Prefer to Play Catch-Up Instead".
- Partner Elliot Regenstein published "Why the K-12 World Hasn't Embraced Early Learning".
- Partner Elliot Regenstein, Advance Illinois, and the Center for Urban Education Leadership published "Establishing Achievable Goals".
- FORESIGHT Law + Policy's 2019 House and Senate Calendar.
- Partner Elliot Regenstein and Tim Daly have co-authored a blog post, “Can States Help Parents Get Un-Muddled?”.
- The First Five Years Fund released a new report titled “FFYF Analyzed Years of Polling and Found Unwavering Support for Greater Investment in ECE”.
- The Data Quality Campaign released the results of a new poll titled “What Parents and Teachers Think About Education Data”.
- The Future of Privacy Forum released a publication titled “Parents: Raise Your Hand and Ask Schools How They Protect Student Data”.
- Partner Elliot Regenstein provides insight to Early Childhood Care and Education Commission
- Thursday, October 17 (3-4:30pm ET) - The National Association of Early Childhood Specialists in State Departments of Education (NAECS-SDE) and the Center on Enhancing Early Learning Outcomes (CEELO) are hosting a webinar titled “All Children Learn and Thrive: Building Schools and Communities Serving Children in Their First 10 Years”. Panelists include: Elliot Regenstein (Partner, Foresight Law + Policy), Samantha Aigner-Treworgy (Commissioner, Massachusetts department of Early Education and Care), Brett Walker (P-3 Alignment Specialist, Early Learning Division, Oregon Department of Education), and Moderator Laura Bornfreund (Direct, Early & Elementary Education Policy, New America). Register here.